Lyon Shipyard is readily available to handle projects ranging from minor top side repairs to complex dry docking and over hauls. You can view some past examples of projects below showing our work in action. Contact us today to see how we can help!
Below are pictures taken by our team featuring some of our recent projects
- Dry dock vessel
- Removed approximately 24 tons of steel in order to make modifications
- Fabricated four modules to be installed on the port and starboard stern section of the vessel
- Installed modules while maintaining a tolerance of 3/16″
- Fabricated and installed 1320 linear feet of 3/8″x 5″ deck straps. (totaling 2640 linear feet of weld)
- Fabricated and installed a total of 74 tons of steel
Elizabeth Ferry IV
This vessel is a new build for Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) and has been waterborne for 1 year. It carries passengers to and from Portsmouth Dockside and Norfolk Waterside.
We received the vessel for a for standard “shave and a haircut” paint job but ended up blasting vessel to bare metal from deck edge to keel and properly reapplying a paint system.